cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer Coax cable 3m

Matt2823
Joining in

Hi, 

I currently have a 2m coax cable but this places my hub 3 in a place where my WIFI is inconsistent (Near TV, consoles and other electronic devices.

I've read buying non VM coax cables is a no go, So how do I go about this. I only need it to be 3m in length to put my hub in a better position.

Thanks, Matt 

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly you will be charged £25, but might be free.

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you. I've since read that it's possible they need to send someone out to cut new length and test it. But on the same thread that they can send a cable of up to 3m out without an engineer.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Matt2823 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We can send out up to 3M cables, or we can book in a chargeable Technician to attend your property and provide a custom-sized one.

Please let us know if either of those options are something you wish to do, and, if so, respond to my private message so I can get this sent out/booked for you.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Matt2823 

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you 😊 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem Matt2823,

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up on the thread.

Regards,

Kain

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a similar issue. I got (excellent 360) TV in December but my original cable for broadband is rather too short for the TV. Is there any chance of getting a pre made 3 metre cable sent to me? This would make life easier!

Many thanks.

Hi Pongo42, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your coaxial cable is a little to short. We can arrange for an engineer to visit to come and provide a longer cable. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Pongo42, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to get you the help you need. 

If you have any further queries or questions, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team