cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 & black pod

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi all

What will happen if you connect a hub5 to black pod with ethernet cable. Will it enable pairing or will it go bang. Although tempted, have not tried it yet. As you may have guessed VM cannot for some reason pair my hub5 with black pod. Am waiting for IT (thats eye tea)dept for a solution. 

Hope you are all keeping safe out there.

Alan

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

"Will it enable pairing or will it go bang" - No & No !

Call the activation number 0800 953 9500, request the VM Pods are paired to the Hub. For the call have to hand your VM a/c number, the full details from the Hub’s sticker and ALL the VM Pods.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Apparently the IT dept. is trying to find a solution to this. They have tried pairing at their end but say they cannot as there are 2 accounts at this address which is causing the problem.  My daughters in the main house & us in the annex. Did not have this problem when I had the hub 4.

Regards

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

In principle you should be able to connect it with an ethernet cable and just use it as an access point, forgetting about pairing. You'd certainly get a better signal from it than by feeding it by WiFi from the Hub. 

It might be that VM lock them down in some way to stop this, but you could at least try it with a short cable just to see if it works. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

All of the sockets are in use on the hub5 also not able to run a length of cable to where it would be needed.

Thanks for input tho'.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you haven't got a spare socket, why did you ask if you could connect to it? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

If you had read properly what I asked it was to see if it would pair the hub and pod. Not have them permanently connected by cable.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well it's hardly worth arguing about but you did ask

What will happen if you connect a hub5 to black pod with ethernet cable.

So that's what I answered. 

- jpeg1

Grumps70
On our wavelength

And immediately after that  "Will it enable pairing or will it go bang"

Straightforward question I thought. Anyway as you said not worth arguing about.

Have a good week.