cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 frustrations - WiFi and Connect App

markstevens2000
Joining in

Hi, has anyone expereinced and resolved the following. I've a Hub 3,0 which is ~4 years old and 3 Pods.

Firstly for almost 2 years when my Hub 3.0 needs a reboot (when the WiFi connections get lost in the Mesh) or a VM driven reboot, this will take 25-30 minutes to give me my connections back, first wired and then WiFi. I suspect this is not normal but is infuiating when dealing with stuations where 1, 2 or even 3 reboots are reuqired as is at the moment.

My VM Connect App rarely is able to find my Hub 3.0, explaining Hub Not Found, even if I locate my phone within 1m of the Hub.

Finally, presently none of the Pods are connecting. The first one is only about 5m away and has been moved closer whilst i´m trying to get the connections re'established. But to no avail.

I can´t get a WIFI connection from 10m away, where my office is. I´m stuck!

I´ve raised this twice when speaking to an agent and all i was offered was to send around an engineer at cost which would be refunded only if a problem was found.

Any advice greatfully received.  

Cheers Mark

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

What you describe has been most often been reported for a Hub 4. 

Have you tried a 60 second press of RESET on your VM Hub 3,
then leave it powered on to revert to the factory settings.

All kit fails, eventually.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

What you describe has been most often been reported for a Hub 4. 

Have you tried a 60 second press of RESET on your VM Hub 3,
then leave it powered on to revert to the factory settings.

All kit fails, eventually.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally, and I know it's not the principle, but I would buy my own Wifi AP and run a proper ethernet cable to your office.  It would save so much hassle in the long run.  Even ethernet Powerline adapters would suffice at a pinch.  I setup my own APs a long time ago, and don't even bother with the VM Wifi setup at all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

markstevens2000
Joining in

Thank you. I've given this a go and so far so good, all the pods ae back connected which means i'm reconnected over the house 😁.

I'll need to see whether this has solved the tardy hub reboot as I've been down the factory reset approach before. But for now 👍