cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

bigpmc
Tuning in

Is it possible for me to get a booster please? I've had the ultimate oomph bundle installed today and get a poor signal in one of the bedrooms. I went through the virgin media connect app and it gave me an the info (poor signal, optimization didn't work, try a booster) but nowhere to say how to get one. I think I read somewhere I can get one if required with my package? 

Other than that very happy with the service etc,

Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

29 REPLIES 29

Hi Barryissac, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

If you're struggling to connect to WIFI in other rooms, you might be interested in our WIFI Max scheme. It includes WIFI Pods which help to spread the signal around your home using a "Mesh" system. 

To find out whether you're in need of WIFI Pods, please download our Connect App, it will allow you to run a test in each room to detect weak WIFI issues and will offer a prompt to order your first WIFI pod if it detects any problems. 

If you have any issues using the Connect App then please let us know and we can help further!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi I have the same problem. I pay for Volt 250 but am getting less than 20 per room based on the Home scan.

I need 3-4 pods. And also a refund based on your Compensation policy.

I can’t find a portal to order these pods. can someone contact me to deal with the 2 requests above? Thanks 

Hey @Wifipod,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With our WIFI pods you can go about ordering these through our Connect app here, this will run all necessary scans and prompt through to produce a Pod if one is required.

Joe

wovendesign
Tuning in

Hello I had virgin 1GB installed on saturday and the app says 'fair' signal which is 30-40Mb in one of my rooms, im paying for 1GB so would expect at worst 400mb in each room, currently the app doesnt allow me to order one as when I select the option it takes me to a page that says oops something has gone wrong. Please advise how to rectify this as I would like to order an additional one or two Wifi pods to extend my network signal.

VM only guarantee 30Mbps, regardless of what you expected:

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

Thanks for the not so helpful info. you are correct but also omitted the end of the sentence. "With WiFi Max, we want to make sure you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room – if you don’t, we’ll send you one of our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods." So again Ill say how do you order a wifi pod without the page saying 'oops something has gone wrong"

You can't, as you are getting above 30Mbps.

Hi,

I'm feeling unbelievably frustrated. We have never had good WiFi across the whole house. It completely drops out so even when I try to test it in the VM connect app it won't even do that so I couldn't get evidence to get a WiFi pod. Now I've finally tested it and have two examples of getting low internet, I can't work out how to actually order a pod. I feel like I should be entitled to the £100 guarantee as we have been suffering with bad internet for months as a result of this. Every time I try to contact you I get cut off the live chat. I can't find a number anywhere. I'm busy and don't have time to chase this over and over again as I am doing.

Please help.

Louise

I should add to this that we have 2 toddlers and have had days in the winter where we have not been able to heat the house or hot water because the internet is so bad that it will not connect to our hive

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi louloubelle12 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've faced when attempting to scan your home to identify signal issues. If the scans are returning a speed of less than 30mbps, or a low signal, then you will be prompted to add the WiFi Max service to your services.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can run some further checks on this for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages.

In regard to your Thermostat/smart house services, these are usually equipped with fallback measures in the event of a Broadband outage/issue. Most, if not all, thermostats allow manual temperature changes. We'd recommend consulting with the manufacturer, or their relevant guides on these features.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ