cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

bigpmc
Tuning in

Is it possible for me to get a booster please? I've had the ultimate oomph bundle installed today and get a poor signal in one of the bedrooms. I went through the virgin media connect app and it gave me an the info (poor signal, optimization didn't work, try a booster) but nowhere to say how to get one. I think I read somewhere I can get one if required with my package? 

Other than that very happy with the service etc,

Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you very much for joining me on private message @bigpmc

This has all been sorted for you now, should you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be here to assist anyway we can. 

Setting up your WiFi pods steps can also be found here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' latest little game of saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bigpmc

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi signal at this time. I can see that you are currently in conversation with a colleague of mine discussing another issue. We can certainly look at your signal and see if a Pod it what's needed to improve your service, which given the Connect Apps diagnostics, it very well will be. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you very much for joining me on private message @bigpmc

This has all been sorted for you now, should you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be here to assist anyway we can. 

Setting up your WiFi pods steps can also be found here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I want to order a booster for my wifi (very weak signal in my study/office) but can't see how to do this on the website - can anyone help? Thanks!

EDIT: have now solved this by reading rest of thread! 

Hi there @fracesm

That's great to hear that you have been able to resolve this and thanks so much for letting us know! 

Just to check were you able to order the Pod or have you improved the WiFi signal in your home? 

Thanks again.

I am getting poor Wi-Fi in of my rooms, I was wondering how I ordered a booster? 
I am on the ultimate pack, therefore I should get a booster included? 

Thanks! 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gm1303,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a poor Wi-Fi Signal in some rooms in your property. Have you been able to use the advice provided by @jbrennand, in regards to running a network scan in your property using the Connect App?

This will identify any blackspots and will allow you to order the Wi-Fi Pods directly.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,

I have 1GB internet package and I have called for free boosters as my Wi-Fi downstairs is unusable. I got told they was not free as part of my package. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

@PatchLatics wrote:

Hi,

I have 1GB internet package and I have called for free boosters as my WiFi downstairs is unusable.

I got told they was not free as part of my package? Is this correct?

• Many thanks,

No:

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

If you are on our Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Volt or Ultimate Oomph packages, you get our WiFi guarantee included at no extra cost.