cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy internet since work done

Angry_Gandhi
Tuning in

Hi, 

A few weeks ago a technician came because we had a box coming off the wall outside.

What we didn't expect was that we'd have to move stuff around in our living room because apparently phone lines have to be plugged into the router.

He did a few things, changed over some stuff and I assume being sarcastic said we'd see our broadband a lot faster (about gigabit speeds).

Since then our internet intermittingly drops and speeds are terrible when this happens.

Gaming online is hit and miss because of dodgy ping.

Here's my connection for 20 mins last night - Look at my ping

YrDhUTY

YouTube is sometimes like we're in the 90's, thumbnails take way to long to show, gradually revealing themselves.

Considering we're on 350mbs contract, this is pretty damn annoying

My brother was just watching something on the PS4 and the PS4 lost internet connection and suggested restarting the router - that's not happened before.

So you know, we're using modem mode using eero mesh.  These are NOT the cause. Something's gone wrong since the work was done a few weeks ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Angry_Gandhi
Tuning in

Don't know why the forum keeps removing my screenshot. 

Download = 0.80 mbps

Upload = 0.00 mbps

Ping = 571 (not a typo) 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshots will be removed if there is any identifiable information, e.g. WAN IP addresses etc.

As for the move to VOIP telephone, the technician should have wired the phone line to suit you, not the other way around.  Yes, one end has to be plugged into the Hub, but any additional wiring should be to suit your circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, we've become used to the new position of the phone - still go to the old area sometimes though 😑

My main issue/concern is that our internet is not what it was.

The new virgin box we had put in is also screwy I think.  Slow to respond and the remote is hit and miss whether it'll work first time or if we need to bash the buttons.

Maybe I need to call Virgin but that's also a faff

Hi @Angry_Gandhi, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel