cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus error code 73

Reddave
Joining in

So I am a little annoyed

after returning home on Saturday with my autistic child I went to use the Disney plus app on his tv to be greeted with error code 73 contact Disney plus.

i then spent the best part of an hour going through all there checks including checking for VPN checking our IP address deleting and reinstalling apps using every tech device known to man to try and log into there site and as long as we were connected to the WiFi we couldn’t do anything.

the strangest thing is when we used our mobile data from phones or a hot spot it worked perfectly fine.

i have spent the best part of 4 hours on the phone to Virgins tech support which is a joke they have blamed everyone including Disney plus (and to call them back even though it works when not connected to virgin) and an outage in my area that isn’t happening.

obviously virgin have messed around with a setting somewhere as I have never had an issue accessing Disney plus in the 3 years of subscribing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kabloomybuzz
Tuning in

Having spoken to Disney plus support again last night they have now admitted that there is a problem their end with recognising some IP addresses in "Europe" and that they are working on it. So frustrating that they have had me rebooting and resetting my devices and internet and had me contacting virgin to finally admit that it's a problem their end. 😡

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Reddave
Joining in

Am also adding this is not a new hub we have had no changes to account 

Kabloomybuzz
Tuning in

I'm having exactly the same problem. Disney say it's a problem with the IP address and to ask virgin to change it, virgin say they don't change IP addresses on request. Disney are aware of some issues with virgin and hope it will be resolved in a couple of weeks but they will give me a month free if it can't be resolved. Awaiting another call back from Disney to confirm

djghost
Tuning in

Same here.

I just tried to get into the app to watch Ahsoka.

same as above error code 73.

disney says to turn of vpn and reboot hub.but I don’t have a vpn on my Virgin tv box and rebooting hub didn’t do anything.tv is connected using Ethernet, mobile phone connected through Wi-Fi. 
If I disconnect my Wi-Fi and use mobile data I can log in no problem on my phone….

IMG_0702.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM IP's are notoriously "sticky - mine has changed just once in 5 years.  However if you switch the Hub into modem mode it assigned a different ip address.  So you could then check to verify that it isthe Hub's ip address that is causing the issue - or something else.  Going back to normal router mode will reassign the original ip address.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have already checked the hub and it is the correct IP the issue lies with virgin themselves 

Kabloomybuzz
Tuning in

Having spoken to Disney plus support again last night they have now admitted that there is a problem their end with recognising some IP addresses in "Europe" and that they are working on it. So frustrating that they have had me rebooting and resetting my devices and internet and had me contacting virgin to finally admit that it's a problem their end. 😡

I've been having similar issues, but with an error code of 1026. I spoke with VM and was going round in circles. Found this thread, and changed tack. Disney Plus had put my IP address on their deny list for reasons they could not explain. I spoke with one of their agents on Live Chat and they reset my IP address and all is working now.

It was much easier talking to Disney than VM, but as it was a Disney issue I can't complain too much I guess.

Hi @mwoodhall82

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

Thank you for sharing your experience here with us. I'm sure that other members of the community will find this helpful should they get a similar error code when using Disney Plus.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!