Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of street cabinet

Joining in

I want the Virgin cabinet on the street in front of my drive moved as it blocks access and is currently broken. Please can someone from the cabinets team contact DM me with what I need to do to get this process started. Or if there is a direct number for the Cabinets team, please post it so I can call them directly. Thanks.


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is almost zero chance of this happening due to the massive costs involved and the disruption of service to dozens of customers.

When these cabinets were installed they were with full local authority permission with regards to property access etc.

Any subsequent property changes such as moved walls, drive realignment, dropped kerbs etc, should have been (or will be) done taking account of the location of street cabinets.

But post up some photos of the cabinet and how its blocking your drive and a VM person will comment in due course

If the cabinet is "broken" then the number (automated) for reporting street “furniture” problems is 0330 333 0444

... or use this “Webform”


I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.


"it blocks access" ...  it has been in place site uncontested for some time.

Community elder

Translates to "My garden has been converted to a drive and now the VM cabinet is in the way"...

On our wavelength

If you have a legitimate dropped curb contact the council highways department. Also look up “frontagers consent”. (I didn’t make it up).