cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get IP address ..continued

parmenion
Joining in

Hi, 

Im getting the same issue the other guy had whereas devices on my Wifi are unable to obtain an IP address.

I work in IT and it makes no sense why it doesn't work so my question becomes how do I clear the DHCP leases manually? when i change the lease times to one hour the existing leases ones dont clear - so can i do this manually?

This will tell me if the issue I have is DHCP related.

Next question : can I turn off mac address filtering completely - to enable me to diagnose. There doesnt appear to be an option to do that, only on all the time or during a period specified. 

As mentioned I work in IT so please don't just tell me to factory reboot , I change the SSID's and all default passwords so its a pain to keep having to change the settings back. 

The guest Wifi works fine BTW - its only the devices that try and join the none GUEST SSID - I use different ones for 2.4 and 5 and guest.

If the device needs new firmware PLEASE UPDATE IT - many users are using this old crap device. Support it.

INCLUDING ADDING WPA3!!!!! WPA2 is rubbish.

14 REPLIES 14

yeah as stated I dont have a hub 5 s thanks for your input.

under test ?

how do i get informed when its out of test and available? maybe its pushed to the devices?

Mike

It's just as well it's not a job application because you have obviously failed the test.

Try turning it off and on again. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will not get informed by VM.  If and when they push out firmware updates, it is usually the users who notice and inform these Forums.  If you have a BQM any Hub reboots will show up and you can check the Firmware versions and/or the Network log for any corresponding entries.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @parmenion Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in relation to the IP address that you are having.
Can I ask what devices are these affecting and are these connection issues wired or wireless?

Are you able to perform a hard pin reset on the Virgin Media hub? Pop a pin in the reset pin hole, located at the back of the hub, for 40 seconds.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs