cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to hub 4 via Web or app

Goldphish
Joining in

Title covers it here. Can't connect to settings via Web. Not in modem mode, Tried ethernet and WiFi. Reset it, switched on and off. 

Tried the app. Device not found. Cleared cache, signed out, deleted app. Reinstalled, cleared it again. Hub not found. 

WiFi works, so no loose cables. It's plugged in.. 

Would just like access to change a few things. I see others having issues. Any help please? 

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connect app is flaky

So try on a browser in a laptop or pc connected directly to the Hub on an ethernet cable - In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and navigate from there

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, the app seems next to useless. 

I have tried this, unfortunately. I work with computers, have tried most things. 

No idea why they can't fix this? Is it a certificate issue I wonder? My browser will accept http

Tried chrome and Firefox, cleared cache, and cookies. Flushed dns, checked every darn thing.. 😂 

Wasted hours on it now.. 

Thanks again for answering anyway. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub4 appears to be plagued by similar issues - see this ongoing long running one as an example.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/HUB-4-UI-unresponsive/td-p/5436067/page/7

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah.. 😔 

Annoying thing is, it worked a couple of weeks ago.

All I need to do is change my dns back to point at my raspberry pi. I'm loathe to buy a new router just to do that. My last one gave up the ghost. I was just passing through it before. Changed it from modem to router. Locked out forever it seems. 

I do have 1Gig d/l package, I wonder if Virgin would give me a new router? 

Can't face phoning, and waiting for hours for them to answer. 😂 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought... have you tried a long 60 seconds reset - as per this..

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/want them to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thanks again. 

Was on live chat for 3 hours trying to get a new deal and was going to ask for a new router. They offered me broadband only for 68 pounds a month. 1Gig. I'm sitting looking at a new customer deal for 41. Best they could do was something like 59 for TV and a phone, which I don't want.

So, long story short. Have cancelled my service.

Problem solved, I guess. Was happy to stay, but it seems they don't want to give customers any value for money. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having cancelled - they may well call you back and offer a better deal to stay.  If you like it - take it and dont play the waiting game as its usually a one time only last offer

--------------------
John
--------------------

Yes it's a mystery as I had access to it perfectly ok with hub3 and then they sent me hub4 (faster) but no access

Indeed, this was the case. 

I am now a customer again, with the deal I wanted. 

The chap couldn't get me a new hub, but he could get an engineer to come over. Hopefully they can get me a hub 5. This, from what I read, will help. 

I had tried the 60 second reset trick. That's how I changed it from passive to active. Also, seems to have caused this whole debacle.. 

It does not seem to work a second time though. 

May end up just getting another router of my own if I don't get a new hub. At least they'll be able to get it back to pass through I guess. 

We'll see...