cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown external box in the wrong place

Beng8910
Joining in

Hello,

Pre install engineers have been out today while i was out and installed the external brown box on the front of the house but my living room is at the back where my hub will be. I rang VM who said engineers are due out again for a site survey but i have had a text to say "we have finished the external work" 

Can someone tell me if VM will move the Brown External Box as an external cable will not be able to go round the side of the house or will the Engineer move it on the day? 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and see what they have to say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its just a termination point, from the brown box a cable is rwn to wherever you want.  The engineer on the day probably won't be able to move it unless your in a coax area

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beng8910 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with your omni box placement. 
I can see that you have spoken with the team since posting and have this query resolved. 
Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley