cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster sparked and smoked and now cannot get a replacement

StephR1
Joining in

Came back from holiday, turned on my booster and it started emitting sparks and smoke - clear fire hazard! I have repeatedly tried to contact Virgin Media to get a replacement and have been messed around. Last week was on the phone for 2 hours trying to get a replacement and they said they'd get in touch the next day. They did not. Called this morning - on hold for 15-20 mins before the call was hung up on! So frustrating. I see on other posts that this is not an infrequent occurrence! How can I get this issue resolved? I just want a replacement booster for the faulty (and dangerous) one provided by Virgin Media. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person will respond here soon.  Boosters are no longer available but they will supply "pods".  Free if you are a on 1GB or Volt package - £8/month if not.  In which case you would be better just getting your own booster - or better still - spend a little more and get a far better solution.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Do please inform Trading Standards of this very serious incident (retaining the booster for their inspection as required) https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

These devices are a proven fire risk and it is a scandal that VM has not withdrawn them. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StephR1

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🎉
I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with your booster, and can only apologise for any distress. I will take a look into this for you and send you over a PM, please keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,

Zoie