cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred during a connection to protonvpn.. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

dazza4
Joining in

Hi all.so i was on sky with express vpn,then virgin with express vpn,no problems with either until i cancelled my vpn deal..now it appears i cannot get on a dozen or so sites and counting, and get the following,An error occurred during a connection to protonvpn.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR, in trying to install a replacement vpn virgin just keeps throwing up this error on multiple sites...ive spent days trying to figure this out even clean reinstalled windows and turned off all security measures. and installing a number of browsers..no change.

Its been said in older posts to turn off child safe in hub setting but the option is not there for me..any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

The control to Disable Child Safe in the Virgin Media online account.

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

dazza4
Joining in

Thankyou

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As Client62 said... turn off child safe in your online account. 

I have that off and have no problem running the "free" Proton VPN on my Macs - it works well.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.