cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts on the same email, can't access one, even with account number

Arkanoid
Tuning in

My dad had a previous account on the same email so I could administer it for him, now I've set up a new account at a different address, under my name, on the same email and have no way to access online services, any way I try to login or reset password including with the new account number, I end up back on that account, is there a way I can sort this?

68 REPLIES 68

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Arkanoid thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around My Virgin Media.  You cannot have 2 active accounts with the same email address.  However you can move recent former usernames from a previous/former account to a new account.  To assist you with this, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

I also have this problem, can't access my new account.

Hi @themasonlives,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I can see that you've already been discussing this matter with one of my colleagues elsewhere on the community forums. We'll continue to assist you from there with this going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello,

I have the exact same issue: can't register for a new account as my email is the same as the old one, thus whenever I try to register it says email already in use. Any suggestions?

L

Thanks for joining in @Lucian51, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll see if I can have this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

katb008
Tuning in

I'm also having the exact same issue, and can't seem to find the right options via telephone to resolve it- any help much appreciated!

Hi there @katb008 

Thank you so much for your post to our community forums, and welcome to the team. 

We are so sorry that you are also facing this issue. Can I just confirm, is your email attached to an account with another person that is active and in use. Or is this email attached to a former account of yours that is now closed? 

Sorry, I should have clarified - I moved address this year so it is a previous account that has since been closed.

Thank you @katb008 

Can I ask when the account was closed? Email addresses that are no longer attached to an open and active account are typically deleted after 90 days though this can sometimes take longer.