cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get an answer -

marynewc
Tuning in

I've been at loggerheads with VM since January when I wrote to cancel my services- they NEVER replied! I have now written 4 letters, emailed, web chatted you name it, I've tried but got absolutely nowhere. somehow they cancelled my landline but not the broadband and are now demanding payment for a service I told them I wanted to cancel in January. They are so system driven that even when I speak to someone they only have a limited screen so can never refer back and asking to speak to a manager is like seeking a needle in a haystack.  I am elderly and getting very distressed as I feel they have discriminated against me just because I wanted to conduct my business by written letter.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

What addresses did you post send your letters and emails to? VM is very poor at communicating.

In any event do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience Mary https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi marynewc

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear you have decided to leave us.

We will send you a private message now so we can help further.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

marynewc
Tuning in

only 3 weeks - lucky you!  they still have not responded to my letter of 23rd January and the other 4 letters, replies to emails, webchats, countless complaints and abortive phone calls - all at my expense! they are so system driven and rigid if you don't say the right thing they just can't help.  I have enen tried writing to the CEO and have now resorted to contacting my MP and will raise the matter with the Ombudsman as soon as I am able (2 month waiting time).  Virgin Media are discriminatory towards people who don't fit their box and cannot for whatever reason communicate by phone.  Yet their website assures the customer that it will respond to letters within 24 hours and resolve issues within a month.

marynewc
Tuning in

I am in dispute with VM - well not exactly a dispute because they jsut won't reply to my letters but they put me on a tarriff i neither agreed to nor wanted (I asked to cancel in January).  Because i stopped my direct debit they are hounding me with texts about payment and i have had a letter WITH NO ADDRESS TO REPLY TO saying that it might affect my credit rating.  They are just bullies so beware

marynewc
Tuning in

I totally agree.  I wrote to them to cancel my services on 23rd January and am still awaiting a reply!  3 more letters, replies to emails, webchat, a number of complaints and abortive phone calls and I can't get anywhere.  they are discriminatory to those who find using the phone difficult and they are so rigidly controlled by their system that they cannot see the history of a problem,  they send replies to complaints with their so called resolution but you have to phone if you want to reply or they close it.  I always through communication was a 2 sway process.  Virgin Media think otherwise.  I am just biding my time until the ombudsman takes up my cause