cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed payment error appearing on credit file

sakers82
Joining in
It has come to my attention now that I am making a credit application that needs approving urgently that Virgin Media entered a late payment onto my credit file. This pertains to a spontaneous credit that Virgin added to my account for no reason in August 2023 that resulted in Virgin Media cancelling my direct debit for no reason meaning the payment was missed when it previously showed my account in credit so I am astonished that you have damaged my credit score when I contacted you and you admitted the error. and assured me that the DD would be taken. I was also given no notice of a default payment so I only found out from my credit report. 

In brief: 

- I was wrongly credited with an extra amount on my direct debit out of the blue
-it resulted in my direct debit being paused for no reason and not of my accord
- it meant that when the error was rectified by Virgin, the credit was removed but the direct debit was not reinstalled
- I was left owing the amount which I then paid manually when I had managed to get to the bottom of the matter and get through to someone on the phone who knew what was happening
-this was then paid manually and not missed but now I see that a missed payment notice has been added to my account affecting my score!!

I am absolutely appalled to see that an error on your part has resulted in my credit file being affected and the potential impact this can have  on my future credit given that I have been a loyal customer to yourselves and would never jeopardise my credit profile by missing a payment or submitting a late payment- as you can see from my recent and historical statements.

Therefore I am writing this subsequent email as a formal complaint to yourselves to escalate this as a matter of urgency. I require you to contact the relevant credit agencies to have this removed from my credit file ASAP. I request that you come back to me within the next 24 hours to get this resolved or at least advise that you have taken action / steps to bring the matter to a close. 

I will escalate to the financial ombudsman if you cannot resolve this ASAP and have these erroneous missed payment charges removed from my file. 

I have emailed Virgin however I am not willing to wait for 7 days for this to be resolved .

Many thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sakers82 

Welcome to the community forums 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experience due to a dispute with the mark on your credit file. 
We would not be able to email the credit agencies on your behalf, this is something you would need to dispute and raise with them. These would be either of the below credit agencies. 

Equifax: Equifax.co.uk

Experian: Experian.co.uk

Once you have raised this with them, I recommend email our dedicated team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. I ask that you email the credit agencies first as this makes it easier for the credit file amendment team as all of the information is visible to them too. 

In the email to our team, you'll need to include your full name, account number, contact number, account address, the credit agency company that you've used to view your credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. The credit file amendments team will action this within the next 14 days of receiving your email. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sakers82 

Welcome to the community forums 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experience due to a dispute with the mark on your credit file. 
We would not be able to email the credit agencies on your behalf, this is something you would need to dispute and raise with them. These would be either of the below credit agencies. 

Equifax: Equifax.co.uk

Experian: Experian.co.uk

Once you have raised this with them, I recommend email our dedicated team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. I ask that you email the credit agencies first as this makes it easier for the credit file amendment team as all of the information is visible to them too. 

In the email to our team, you'll need to include your full name, account number, contact number, account address, the credit agency company that you've used to view your credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. The credit file amendments team will action this within the next 14 days of receiving your email. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Not good enough. I need a phone number to call to resolve this issue as I was advised this was going to take 21 days to look at. Not good enough when people have got credit applications they need approving. I did everything right and paid all my bills on time, yet am being punished for making the mistake of signing with the UK's WORST AND LEAST EFFICIENT BROADBAND PROVIDER who cannot get anything right. I had no notification I was getting a missed payment note on my account when the mistake came from Virgin's end in the first place.

THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED.

Hello sakers82.

We can appreciate this is not ideal.

However the advice given above in our last reply is correct and we have no way or means to speed the process up.

Gareth_L