cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i quick paid and was charged again

jakd1997
Joining in

i quick paid £75.50 on February 29th, £37.75 for feb and £37.75 for march it gave me the option so thought id get ahead on bills come the 20th of march my direct debit came out taking £75.50 out of my account which bounced because i didnt have the money in my account, my problem is i already paid the amount but the account still says i need to pay the £75.50 ive tried contacting virgin on phone but only get though to say to pay my bill so im stuck ive tried there Ai live chats and got through to someone called moses who quoted the bill has been settled but its still showing on account which is stressing me out about money i cant seem to get through to anyone to explain the mess up its a simple solution of taking it out the credit can anyone help? 

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jakd1997, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your Direct Debit was requested as normal despite making a card payment in advance. Once a bill is processed, that Direct Debit is then planned. If you decide to make a payment early, then when making the payment it does warn you that any Direct Debit payments will come out as planned. 

As the Direct Debit bounced, the amount via My VM will still show as outstanding until your next bill is generated however the bill will be covered by the payment you've made so there is nothing more you need to do at this point. 

For future reference, if you have a Direct Debit in place, it's always best to leave this process so you don't find yourself in this situation again. 

Let us know how things go and if you need anything else, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs