cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coming to the end of our contract

rftgyhuj
Joining in

We are due to end our contract on 20th April. I called up today to see that the prices are nowhere near what a new customer would get.

I think I read on this forum that my partner can sign up in her name (we live at the same address) and she would get new customer deals.

I asked the adviser on the telephone if this was correct and he said no, as it would show there was a virgin media connection at the address and that I need to wait 90 days.

Can anybody confirm what would happen please? Would she get new customer rates if she signed up, or do we need to wait 90 days after the disconnection to get new customer rates?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

90 days is correct. They don't want you to get a cheap deal right away, otherwise everyone would do it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I did this last year after 90 days.  Got twice the speed for less than half the price I was paying previously.

However, if the current holder leaves VM, then a partner could apply straight away?  They are a "new" customer after all, just residing at the same address?  But I can also see why they wouldn't allow this loophole.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks