cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Nat, 

There were numerous msgs exchanged with your colleagues, all of them promised would do something about it... that was like 4~5 weeks ago and here I am again writing to you complaning about not having an account. Do you really think by msg them once more would get a differnt result? As mentioned previously, i have given up creating an account now, what puzzling me is this issue was first raised back in May 2022; there are numerous posts created by various joiners complaining on the similar issue and yet Virgin have done nothing about it for 10 MONTHS; seriously? What is wrong with Virgin? Can someone from Virgin shed us some light on this please?

Note for the new joiners - if you want your setting changed, best to give the customer service a ring, they should be able to help you.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply chinswee99.

We would always recommend messaging the adviser who has been speaking with your via private message as they have been involved with your journey.

They are also able to provide updates if they have liaised with other departments either via email or IT tickets. 

Please do reach back out to them and they will be able to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Davesama, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are also experiencing an issue with the online account, we would want to do all we can to help. 

In order to assist further, can you please expand on what happens when you attempt to create your account? Do you get an error message at all and how far in to the setup does this occur? 

Have you attempted to complete the registration via a browser or the app and what devices/browsers have you used? 

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Get the website fixed so people can register 

Hi TG87 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear you are having some issues registering for an online account.

Could you expand on this please?

What error message are you seeing?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The same error message that everyone else in this post is getting - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Ok I've solved this, I found another post where someone tried using a different email address, not sure why it worked as they both have letters and numbers...

Eve32
Tuning in

I’m still no further forward. I was in contact via messages through here and an IT person was going to sort the issue out but now it won’t let me enter a password even though it’s saying now my email is registered and it won’t let me get a password reminder or reset it either. Could someone please message me again regarding this please

Hi there @Eve32 

We are so sorry to hear this issue has continued, I can see you were in a PM with one of our team. Are you able to pop them another message so they can look into this for you?

Thank you 

Hi,

Same as the others in this thread when I attempted to sign up using the app, using different web browsers on desktop or mobile, regardless of the method I used or the password used it always returns the same message "This password can not be used".

However, since posting yesterday I have tried again and it is miraculously working now. It took several attempts to verify the email address and the profile set up page refused to accept my details for some reason, but I can at least access my account settings and bills now.

Thanks