cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Hi GiveUP, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear that since moving home, you've not been able to access your My Virgin Media. When you move, you get a new account so therefore My VM needs to be re done. If you're wanting to use the same email that is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roseblossom
On our wavelength

Hi VM. I have had this issue ongoing since the beginning of July so it has been 4.5 months. It is very frustrating. I have already been talking to someone from your support team about this so no need to send me any additional PMs. But just want to know what exactly your IT / Dev teams are doing to fix this??? Myself and other customers are all paying you so much money every month - what for?? This money should go towards making sure this and other issues can be fixed, instead of just lining your CEO’s pockets, no?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused, 

Rest assured the team are still investigating this matter and are trying to resolve it as quick as they can.

Many apologies,

Kain

Eve32
Tuning in

Hi. I am having the same issues. Have tried everything. I joined today and had booked in for my services to be connected next week but I’ve now had an email to say this has had to be changed and will now be in January. I need to go onto an account to change the date but every password I’ve tried is not working. Not a great start, first my date gets changed and is over a month away and now I can’t get an account to change said date. Could someone please look into this?

Hey Eve32,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account, I would be able to take a look into that for you but would need to take a few details via private message to be able to do so. Please look out for the message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have the same problem as described by everyone in this thread (and many other threads), and no luck with any of the fixes described.

It's almost beyond belief how poor this is -- this seems to have been a problem since 2019 and the accumulated time wasted must be astronomical.

Please help me directly since that seems to be the only way anyone is getting this problem resolved.

Hey @cantusepassword thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the password for MyVM.
I will assist you on this and help you get this resolved.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

colmill
Tuning in

I can feel your pain. I’m near on 3 years and 4 tickets later and guess what still can’t sign in. Beyond a joke

Hi, I have the same issue, could I get some direct help please?

Hey fdasklfjdi, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some password issues.

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

I would try to keep it as simple as you can do. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?