cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Danny84
On our wavelength

So I have managed to activate my email address by clicking the link in the email, which i've done 2 times before I must say. I now try to sign up again and it lets me create and account when activating the email but gives me no options to choose password or login name.

I click on forgot password, which I haven chosen in the first place because I couldn't and I get this message

Contact us

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

So could you please enlighten me how I set up additional details to set up my account without a password? I can't even had a password reset via email? Not that I have a password anyway. These things should not be happening, how long has Virgin been going? You don't get this palaver with BT. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Danny84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

So just to clarify are you signed in?
If so is it asking for email verification?

Let us know,

Kain

Danny84
On our wavelength

No, I can't sign in. I got an email for the new ebilling information. I click the link to sign up for an account and it says 

We've found you!

Account already set up

Looks like there's already an account set up with the email address below.

d•n•y•a•i•o•@h•t•a•l.co.uk

Trying to register for a different account?

You’ll need to give us a few more details to help us find it.

So how is this possible? I have not put a password in to set up an account. I click the link to reset password and it won't let me change it via email. "contact us" well I am contacting you. I had a hassle going through the passwords like everyone else here so if it registered it could be anything. I just want a password reset to set it up.

Talizman180
Tuning in

My advice to anyone experiencing this issue is to not waste over an hour on the phone to customer services. 

You will simply go round and round and round and round telling the poorly trained customer advisers the same information. 

I'm genuinely appalled that this is my first touch point with VM as a new customer and am seriously considering cancelling the installation, which is due next week. 

Utter rubbish.

josephapower
Joining in

Hello - Having the exact same issue as above - it's a nightmare

Have tried all the suggested combinations but nothing works.

Can somebody from Virgin please contact me to resolve as has been done for others it seems?

Thanks

marc_w90
Joining in

Like every one else in here, I'm having issues with this.

Would appreciate this magic DM that resolves the issue.  

I have tried multiple browsers, using the app, some of the simple password combo people have suggested. 
I have read the password constraints and followed them and still nothing.  
My hub was all fully installed yesterday.

Would appreciate some help. 

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the response again.

Just to clarify do you currently have an active VM service with us currently?

Also have you had a MyVM account in the past?

Let us know,

Kain

@kain 

my service is due to start next Wednesday but I have had an email to say the DD is setup and I should sign up online to view my electronic bills. 

I am having the same issue and cannot register. Can you DM please to get this sorted. I have had a live service for over a month now.

Jhadfield92
Tuning in

Virgin was set up today and I wanted to turn off websafe as everyone in my house is 18+.
Try to register for my online account and also get this ridiculous issue no matter what combination of letters and numbers I use.

Please can some-one help me asap to get my account created or ill just look into cancelling my virgin within my 14 day grace period