cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whopping Price Increase from September

MrGiles22
Dialled in

Hello, my current contract with Virgin is due to end September 24 this year, price increase will be from £79 to a whopping £122. Being a pensioner this is way beyond my means. I have had a good offer from Sky which would costs £49 just for TV including Sky Sports, UHD and plenty of channels, this would work with Sky Stream. Of course, I would stay with Virgin for their broadband only. Would Virgin come up with a similar offer. Their pricing policy seems to be way out of order these days I am surprised they manage to keep some customers when their charges are so high. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect that what you refer to as a price increase is actually the end of some time-limited discounts.

By having "facts & figures" from an alternative supplier, you're halfway to a good negotiation with VM retentions. That's not a conversation you can have on this web forum, but can do so either via the WhatsApp chat or by calling in.

If you're considering Sky Stream and therefore am not seeking a recording box, VM also offer their own streaming option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrGiles22,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you're considering cancelling your services with us. As @japitts has mentioned, what you're describing sounds like the end of your minimum contract term as when that expires so do any discounts meaning your package then increases to its full price.

It's also correct that we don't deal with package changes from here, so it'd be best to speak with our retentions team about any package change requests. You can reach them via calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline), though as our offers are subject to change it may be best to wait a little closer to the time your contract term expires as we may have something available then that you'd prefer.

Let us know how you get on either way, and if you need any further assistance with things we can go from there to see what can be done.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

MrGiles22
Dialled in

Thanks for the info much appreciated.