cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt at no extra cost applied to my package, pre volt contract has gone, bill amounts gone crazy

happychappy2
Tuning in

Volt "at no extra cost" option applied to my package, pre volt contract has gone, bill amount gone crazy

I signed up to Virgin to start on 3rd February 2024, (I have printed off my contract), and as an 02 customer I then applied for the volt upgrades, ("at no extra costs").

on 18th February 2024 I contacted Virgin, as the Volt upgrade had not been installed, and they increased my Broadband speed to the next level, However, they started to talk about additional cost? I explained as an o2 customer the volt is at "no extra cost". They said they COULDN'T add Volt upgrade without increasing the cost on the system, but assured me the they would credit back the difference on a rolling credit each month, over the 18 month contract remaining period, so I agreed as that was at "no extra cost".

They didn't tell me they had revised my contract agreement, (dated 3rd February 2024), and created a revised contract with a “change request date” of 18th February 2024.

Then when I looked for my first bill, (2 months payment) over this weekend, it was 2 times higher than what I was quoted for 2 months, and was also increased way above my contract quoted cost per month thereafter.

I spent 2 hours on the phone 25.02.2024 with Virgin customer services to try and correct this problem.

Virgin Customer services have assured me that no matter what my billing is saying, I will be credited the difference between billing amounts and my 3rd February contract amount,

I looked at me billing and contract information today 26.02.2024, and it’s a mess.

My contract “change request date” is now set at 25th February 2024 and my initial monthly service charge is showing at £47.75 higher per month, than my 3rd February contract rate. All because I applied for my Volt upgrade at “No Extra Cost”. There is NO credit amount showing on my billing, so I’m concerned my first bill payment will be at the higher rate with no credit.

Is anyone else having this problem since applying for the Volt upgrade, “at no extra cost”?

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I wouldn't make any more calls to offshore customer services about this or you might as well whistle into the wind. Hopefully the VM forum team can untangle the mess for you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi happychappy2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your package change. 

I am happy to take a look into this. I will private message you now so we can look into this. 

^Martin