cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin terminated my contract and billed me £718

wilkins1979
Tuning in

Absolutely ridiculous from Virgin Media. I came home to find our TV, Phone and Broadband had all been disconnected. When I checked My Virgin Media account, it told me we had been disconnected and we now owe a staggering £718 in early contract termination charges. I initially contacted Virgin Media using the Web chat, thinking this will be a simple mistake and it will be easily rectified! I was soon proved wrong! After being effectively humg up on by the online agent, I called Virgin Media instead. After explaining the issue 3 more times,  i was told i had requested for the contract to be cancelled 6 days ago because I have moved house (this was news to me). After correcting them a number of times, they appeared to finally believe me but only after I asked them to prove it was me who terminated the contract. I was told the bill for £718 has been removed and we will be reconnected immediately. I should have known this was all BS just to get me off the phone. We still have no Internet, I have been unable to work and won't be able to work tomorrow. My daughter has an exam on Thursday and will be unable to properly revise. I was made to feel like it was my problem and I had caused the issue. Its just not good enough!

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wilkins1979, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been disconnected and had some issues getting information and support on this. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wilkins1979
Tuning in

4 days without phone, TV or Broadband. 72 hours since I reported the issue. I have been constantly lied to and accused of causing the problem. I was told would be sorted within a couple of hours twice, which was a lie. Told it would be sorted within 48 hours which was another lie. Told the £718 would be removed from my bill, yet another lie. I had to cancel my direct debit to prevent it from coming out of my account. Its Christmas for good sake, who can afford that!! Sick of being lied to and now ignored. Raised a complaint, did not even receive an email confirming it had been raised. No communication, no resolution, absolutely disgusting. I am going to seek legal advice as I am sure Virgin have breached their own terms and conditions.

Hi @wilkins1979 

I can see you are speaking to my colleague via PM who will assist further.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

and again more lies from the person I am talking to and no resolution. I can't belive how bad and uncoordinated your customer service is. 

Our sincere apologies! If you have any concerns relating to the issue, please do reach out via your PM thread. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Alby41
Up to speed

Looks like some Jobsworth at VM inflicting pain and misery on loyal customers .. they should let you off paying for at least 2/3 months for the anguish loss of service .. perhaps business affairs and raised bodily blood pressure levels ..as a nice goodwill gesture ... cmn VM make this guy happy😃