cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin price rise

surinder101
Joining in

Got a letter to say price is rising in april so i rang and was told my bill from £25.50 will go up to £55 so was misinformed firstly as was also told 18 month contract when the price hike happens i wont be affected and was informed whilst in contract so i was lied to from the start logged a complaint and it says about unfortunately in contract but i asked for resolution let me leave without penalty early termination charge as i looked up when price hike happened last year they let people leave but not this year as it strange in complaint said to contact to leave but it not clear if i can leave without early termination charge 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The just announced April price hike is the one they (and others) apply annually. Your rise is way out of that range.  You may have been misinformed on the phone - so log onto your online account and... that should have the most recent accurate amount.

If yours is more than you expect it suggests that either you are changing your package or your initial sign up discount period is ending and you are reverting to the "standard" contract price.  So when did you first sign up with VM or change your package ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

From April the price rise will be 8.8%.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

At some point it be a £1 per 1Mb speed if I stay on my package for many more years to come....or is the cost for having your own WAN IP

---------------------------------------------------------------

surinder101
Joining in

I was able to get helped by a lovely colleague who sorted it out for us 

Hi surinder101,

Thanks for posting on the forums. We're pleased to hear you were able to get some help and get your package sorted.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to get back in touch from here. We aren't an instant response channel, but we'll always aim to help as soon as we can.

Beth