cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin didn't cancel my contract and are still charging me.

Pat671
Joining in

My contract was due to end on the 10th of December 2023. I gave notice on the 11th of November 2023 and my cancellation was booked in for the 11th of December 2023.

Cut to today when I get a notification from Virgin that my bill this month (for the period between 11th January - 10th February) would be £69!!

Everyone knows Virgin Media has the worst customer services around, but I thought even they'd manage something as simple as a cancellation request.

I have all screenshots of my convo asking for termination and an email confirming the 11th of December as my termination date.

I will be contacting my ombudsman if this isn't rectified quickly. Not only should this latest bill be cancelled, but most of last month's bill should have been refunded aswell as I was only 1 day over my contract when I SHOULD have been disconnected.

Won't ever go with Virgin again in my life and will be advising anyone who listens to do likewise. Shambles of a company.

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Pat671, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

Please remember we continue to bill right up until the day of the disconnection we then send a final bill out which should get paid, once we get any kit back and the final bill has been sent we would then send a refund out in cheque form within 45 days of this.

We wouldn't charge for anything that you haven't used at all, so this may sound like it could be your final payment.

You can see a breakdown here. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?