cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Technician Stole from our house

ChelsSteve90
Tuning in

We joined virgin media in October and would advise anyone ever thinking of joining them to avoid. We had issues with the box that was sent to us (apparently it was new - it wasn’t and contained other previous customers details). A technician was sent out who although fixed the problem, STOLE £100 cash from our house. This was reported and took nearly 2 months before anyone attempted to sort it. A field manager attended our house and told us he would report back. He then called us and told us that we were being compensation and a cheque was being sent out to compensate for the cash. This all did happen, however; our next bill arrived and we were charged for the £100 cheque; so this money has already been stolen and now the replacement of it has also been added to our bill. I called the field manager who attended and he, alongside another field manager colleague have told us over 5 times; it has been sorted. Our new bill landed today, and lo and behold, there is no £100 refund, so nothing has been sorted. Virgin media are an absolute disgrace, please, please, avoid avoid avoid!

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ChelsSteve90 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had including your billing concerns. 
We can check this at our side so we can take a look further on the account to what has happened. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Did this reach the police? It's a police matter. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi, the police were contacted but after virgin media had ‘sorted’ the issue it was seen as finalised. And it is no longer a police matter because it is now a customer services issue. 

Thank you for coming back to us @ChelsSteve90 
Response on the community forums can be dependant on operating hours and shift times of the agent that has taken ownership of your post. I can assure you that we'll respond when available, or at the very most within a few days. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley