cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my account lost access to TNT sports ( unknowingly)

bluesnapper
Joining in

Hi I contacted customer services about a technical issue. I was offered a faster broadband connection and the same TV services with a different name, I believe it is Mega 

I have been away on my return I found out that I had no longer access to TNT Sport, had I known I would lose the channel I would stayed with my former speed. 

i don’t want to pay additional amount fir this service, I see two options: 

1. Going back to previous broadband speed to get TNT Sport 

2. sign with BT to get TNT Sport 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As of this year TNT Sports are insisting that wholesale access is on a premium basis only. Legacy packs are unaffected (for now), so you have 14 days to reject the deal you were offered & revert to Maxit TV. Even so, the price of TNT Sports subs on VM is £18, which is cheaper than both BT & Sky at the moment.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add, the whole basis for the loss of inclusive TNT Sports in these scenarios is that you are moved from a legacy (Maxit) TV tier to the currently sold (Mega) tier, as mentioned above - the TNT channels are now premium add-ons.

So you can add another option to your list... 3: Pay the premium add-on, in the same way as Premier Sports, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and numerous others, are available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bluesnapper 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @nodrogd and @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel