cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 1Gig from M350

gomaa
Joining in

Currently on M350 with agreement until November, my price goes from £34 to £39 in April.

Ive seen offer for new customers for £39 for 1Gig.

Frustrated, went to the app and seen upgrade, basically new contract 1Gig for 18mhs for £45pm, reasonable price I thought. But there was installation fee £35, why ?

I vent to WhatsApp and chat with VM advisor, trying to cut at least installation fee.

They created me a SPECIAL offer of £72pm +£35 installation !!

After I sent them screenshot from the app, they told me there is no offers for me now and they have another special offer of £62pm although I sent them screenshot with £45pm offer.

What kind of special offer is this, are they not embarrassed by doing that?? Someone do not understand that £62 is greater than £45 or what ??

Very disappointed with their customer service. Sadly, I can't terminate the contract for obvious reasons...

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They offer you a special deal but when you take it up they tell you it's not available and offer you something else. That's very familiar.

This happens so often now that I suspect it's a deliberate practice to hook you into agreeing a new fixed 18month contract.

Even if you do accept this you need to check carefully that you do get what you signed up to.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gomaa 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Any offers that have been provided to you via your online account or in an email to follow a link, are exclusive to you and have been generated by our system for you to look into to say yes or no to, we do not have access to those offers and they also do carry a timeframe in which to agree to. This is done to reduce customer time in reaching out to us. 

Should there be any issues in having this applied via the customer exclusive offer that you have been sent, we advise that you reach out to us and we will endeavour to complete this for you. The £35 fee is the activation fee for the Hub.

If you wish to discuss further, we would need to go into a private message and get some details from you. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina