cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlink Netflix account from VM account

mandz222
Joining in

I need to unlink my Netflix account from my VM account as I no longer use the account that is currently linked and would like to link my new Netflix account to my package.

I called VM and was told I need to do this through Netflix but Netflix have advised it needs to be done through VM so I’m stuck in limbo 

13 REPLIES 13

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mandz222

Sorry to hear of the issues updating your Netflix account with your Virgin Media services, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

To remove Netflix or an account you would need to access your Netflix account directly and update the payment method to cancel it, it would then be a case of setting up the new account via the services.

Rob

Hi Rob,

It doesn’t allow me to do that as it says ‘Contact Virgin Media to update your payment details or end your billing through Virgin Media’

Thanks for letting me know, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums.

Rob

Hi I’m having the same issue, need to disconnect my VM billing from its current Netflix account and move it to a different one.

Hi Jamesp99, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with unlinking your Netflix account from your Virgin Media. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tommo100
Joining in

I have been trying to update the Netflix account attached to my Virgin Media subscription for 3 days now. I’ve been told that Technical need to look into this as it isn’t something that they can do. It’s been a shocking experience so far for something that seems so simple. Did everybody else get their Netflix subscription changed in the end?

Hi @Tommo100 

Sorry you're also having issues with this. 

Have you had a look here for further info on how to manage your accounts?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Yes. None of these help me. I don’t want the current Netflix subscription cancelled. I just want to change the Netflix subscription attached to my Virgin Media account

Hi @Tommo100 

Have you received the activation email for your Netflix subscription with us? If not, you'll need to wait for this to arrive, then when you receive the email to set it up, follow the prompts to use your existing details 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill