cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT Sports!

auroraflo
Joining in

Like many others on this forum, I’m fuming with VM regarding our contract renewal! We received an email inviting us to renew (contract ends on 17 October) with the same package but at a higher price. We’re pensioners & need to budget, so we went to the website & saw an invite to ‘Grab this deal’ at a much lower price, so that we could ‘enjoy everything you have now’ - and that currently includes TNT Sport.

After a lot of thought, on Monday (30/9) we decided to renew at the lower offer & printed off the email confirmation of our order, ‘thanking us for the changes made’ and the new contract etc., which does not mention any changes to the agreed package. From this, we believed we’d have the same package as now & were happy to go ahead.

Today, (2/10), we’ve received another email, ‘thanking us for the changes made’ and with a new contract stating that we’ve now got Broadband - Triple with Sports but that TNT has been removed!!! We did not ask for this & certainly not the removal of TNT! And what the hell is Triple with Sports??

I see from other threads that VM is supposed to have sent us an email regarding TNT, with the option keep it or not .. we did NOT receive this email.

So, how can we get TNT back as part of our original package at a price we can afford? I would add that we’ve been with VM for 20+ years but are pretty disgusted with them now! Seems a bit like mis-selling to us & maybe a case for the Ombudsman?

Any help would be appreciated …

12 REPLIES 12

HavencroftKev
Rising star

@auroraflo let us know the outcome of this. 

Hi, I’ve sent various details to Ash but it’s so slow .. in the meantime, we’ve looked at Sky & can get so much more, including TNT, for around £40 less than we’d be paying VM … no contest & we’re switching to them! I wish I had the energy to follow up on VM’s bad tactics, but I haven’t. If I do get any response from Ash, I’ll let you know, cheers

Yep, same happened to us over the last few days. The exact wording of the renewal offer was "choose this deal and keep your current Virgin media plan without losing anything". Have a screenshot of that and, in the same part of the app, the plan we had with TNT included. Just blatant false advertising, so I lodged a complaint earlier today - first one I've ever put in to any company I think. Not happy!