cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged after cancelling two months ago

leavingnow
Joining in

After making no progress in trying to reach a human being via chat or phone after 10 days of trying, I'm restorting to this message board in the hope that someone from Virgin will see this.

I cancelled all my services at the end of August after months of atrocious service quality. It is now November and I am now being hounded for September and October payment. Does Virgin not keep any records? Does it just ignore cancellation requests from customers in the hope that they will pay for services they are not using? How is this company still in business? If anyone can answer any of these questions for me, I will be forever grateful.

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi leavingnow,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Many apologies for the issues faced with getting cancelled, regarding this however did you receive confirmation of the account being cancelled?

Is the account currently still active?

Let us know,

Kain

leavingnow
Joining in

Hi, no i didn't receive confirmation despite being put throught an assault course of sales people who tried to stop me cancelling. I was assured on the phone that my account would be deactivated but it wasn't. The only way I could get my service stopped was by withholding payment for amounts I should not have been charged. I assume there is some record of my August conversations with your sales and support teams.

Can you please message me directly so this can be resolved asap.

thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your response on the matter,

Apologies for the mixup in this issue, have you contacted the team since the original disconnection date?

Also if you were to sign into your MyVM is the account still showing as active?
Regards,

Kain

leavingnow
Joining in

There is no way I can get hold of a human on the phone and the chat feature is useless. I can log into my account but it is showing as "restricted".

I think Ofcom would be interested in hearing about your cancellation experience with VM (and they don't do assault courses either). https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Sorry to hear this, please do remember we do continue to bill right up until the day of the disconnection and then any final bills will be sent once paid any cheque refunds are sent out within 45 days.

If it saying restricted this could mean the account has been cancelled.  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

leavingnow
Joining in

I requested the disconnection in August and have not been using the broadband connection or phone since then. It's not my fault that Virgin failed to disconnect me. I will not pay for services I did not use. The only reason my account is restricted is because I withheld my direct debit. It seems this is the only way to get Virgin to pay any attention.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks again for the response on this matter,

Whilst we don't process disconnections via this channel, so we can investigate the matter further I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain