cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Emails?

MrGiles22
Dialled in

The other day I got two emails from Virgin Media claiming that my current contract was coming to an end and I should apply for a new one for 18 months. My current contract does not end until September 24th this year, so I assumed it was a scam and ignored it. I wonder if anyone else has received such an email? Very odd offering a new contract when my current one still has a few months to go. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MrGiles22
Dialled in

email addy is [REMOVED]@hotmail.com. As an after thought the offer was far too excessive anyway. I will be asking for a new contract around late August this year, and if the offer is still too high will cancel Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MrGiles22, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What was the email address?

Sometimes we would send out offers whilst you are still in contract. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

MrGiles22
Dialled in

I got a similar email the other day offering a new contract despite the fact that my current one does not end until September 24th. When I checked the offer, it upped the monthly costs from £79 to a whopping £125!! Some offer!! I just ignored it and will wait until September when I will try and get a new contract. 

MrGiles22
Dialled in

email addy is [REMOVED]@hotmail.com. As an after thought the offer was far too excessive anyway. I will be asking for a new contract around late August this year, and if the offer is still too high will cancel Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @MrGiles22,

With this we are aware of an error where these emails were processing out earlier than they should have, if you are still in contract you will get the appropriate end of contract notification when closer to the time.

Joe

scratchy76
Tuning in

I’ve had three emails re this topic. Not a scam, just a way to get you tied into a new contract at a higher monthly cost