cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal mis-sold

jmkb007
Tuning in

Hi, I called yesterday to close my account due to cost and service but after speaking to someone decided to extend with a new price and the Sky Sports Package. I asked if this was complete and was told it was, but I have only been given the SD channels which, on my TV are very poor quality.

I would not have agreed to stay if I knew this so, please can someone assist and either add the channels or let me know how to cancel this contract?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jmkb007 

You have a 14 day cooling off period so contact retentions again and cancel the new contract. They would then revert you back to your old contract and pricing. You then have the choice of either renegotiating and try and get the HD add on for Sky Sports for free instead of paying the additional £7 extra, or cancel.  You never know, you might even be able to negotiate a better deal this time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jmkb007 

Welcome back to the community forms

Sorry to hear of your concerns with your package. 

Sky Sports HD is a separate add on than the standard Sky Sport channel package that's offered and is at an additional cost. 
Did the agent advise, or does you contract sat that Sky Sports HD was adding into the package?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

jmkb007
Tuning in

Hi Carley,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To be completely honest they did not mention HD outright, I asked if it was all of the Sky Sports Channels assuming that includes the HD ones so it could be put down to a miscommunication rather than mis-selling but I feel it was misleading at the very least.

Do I need to call again if I want to cancel?

Hi jmkb007, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I'm sorry to hear there was some miscommunication. 

As HD was never mentioned, it certainly wouldn't be a case of mis-selling or misleading however as you've expressed an interest in adding HD, we can take a look to build this into your new package for you. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs