cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracting woes and frustrations

andycapesst7
Joining in

First post here so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. 
I'm out of contract on the 17th April, (currently in my 30 day notice period) I tried several times to click through emailed links to my “recontracting offers” only to be met with error messages, I must have spent 3 or 4 hours minimum on the phone to VM customer services either going round in circles or having advisors from the overseas call centres pull prices out of a tombola to stay on the same package as I’m currently on…prices varying from £35 a month to £65 a month for M125 (which Volts to M250) whilst I’m telling them I don’t need a landline or stream tv service…none of which they seem to take on board. Is there any other way to speak to someone in a UK call centre who may at least understand what I’m asking?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unisoft
Well-informed

@andycapesst7 wrote:

I'm out of contract on the 17th April, (currently in my 30 day notice period) I tried several times to click through emailed links to my “recontracting offers” only to be met with error messages, I must have spent 3 or 4 hours minimum on the phone to VM customer services either going round in circles or having advisors from the overseas call centres pull prices out of a tombola to stay on the same package as I’m currently on…prices varying from £35 a month to £65 a month for M125 (which Volts to M250) whilst I’m telling them I don’t need a landline or stream tv service…none of which they seem to take on board. Is there any other way to speak to someone in a UK call centre who may at least understand what I’m asking?

Unfortunately, you will need to ring in and select the "Leaving Virgin" option on the phone NOT standard customer services.

You then need to explain politely that you are really not happy with your package and that you don't feel you get value. Research other providers (NOWTV do FTTC broadband up to 80mbps on a monthly contract for £24), ALTNETS doing FTTP in your area and know your pricing. You may have done this, but I kept a record of new customer offers over a number of weeks so I have an idea of the price point per package.

The critical thing is to go in with something needs to change or you are issuing cancellation of services. If you use words like "thinking of leaving" or "seeing what my options are", the VM agent will smell weakness as they are trained on this. In most cases, it's not until you actually cancel that you get contract with much better offers. Sometimes though, they may not contact till last week of your notice when you should already be up and running with another provider anyway. You also need the marketing option enabled in My Virgin Media for them to ring you.

Good luck 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andycapesst7, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're had some issues with taking a deal online. If there is an open work out on the account already then this could be preventing the online system from offering the deals. It could also be for a few other reasons such as if there is a specific discount on the account. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unisoft
Well-informed

@andycapesst7 wrote:

Unfortunately, you will need to ring in and select the "Leaving Virgin" option on the phone NOT standard customer services.

You then need to explain politely that you are really not happy with your package and that you don't feel you get value. Research other providers (NOWTV do FTTC broadband up to 80mbps on a monthly contract for £24), ALTNETS doing FTTP in your area and know your pricing. You may have done this, but I kept a record of new customer offers over a number of weeks so I have an idea of the price point per package.

The critical thing is to go in with something needs to change or you are issuing cancellation of services. If you use words like "thinking of leaving" or "seeing what my options are", the VM agent will smell weakness as they are trained on this. In most cases, it's not until you actually cancel that you get contract with much better offers. Sometimes though, they may not contact till last week of your notice when you should already be up and running with another provider anyway. You also need the marketing option enabled in My Virgin Media for them to ring you.

Good luck 🙂