cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contract email

DavieGrant
Tuning in

Got this e mail on 8/3/24 from email@em.virginmedia.co.uk which is strange as our current contract doesn’t expire until November 2024. Has anyone received the same? The link to recontract to the exclusive offer doesn’t work anyway.

Your Virgin Media broadband contract ran out on 14 June, but that doesn’t mean this has to be the end. In fact, we’re giving you the chance to bag an exclusive offer when you renew for another 18 months. 

We’ve handpicked a few options that we think you’ll love – and if you don’t, you can customise them to create the perfect package. 

And the best part? Your new offer price will stay fixed until 31 March 2025. No nasty surprises here. Monthly price will increase each April from April 2025 by RPI +3.9%. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the confusion DavieGrant, in your original post you advised you were in contract until November 2024? Do you still have the last contract sent as this will advise of the end date of the term.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

big-luap
Up to speed

Seems a lot of contract run out the end of march, due to people re-negotiating to avoid price rises.

Mine was due to rise from £78 to £95.44, but I had to ring up about a fault, and at the end of the call I asked if I could get a better price than the price rise. Had been on 1GIG broadband which attracted a £30 discount. Slower internet was dearer, so GIG still has a discount. Ended up at £88 but with Discounts of £4.50 so next 18 months is £83.50 a month. Tivo has changed to 360 & Telephone added weekday evening calls.  

Paul260
Tuning in

Hi DavieGrant yes i have had the same email with the same offer which does not work. Our contract does not expire intil Jily. Have been in private chat within the forum but did not get anywhere.

Paul260

Same here.

DavieGrant
Tuning in

Contacted Virgin total waste of time. On call for an hour to a non UK call centre. I’m out of contract pay £95.55 and have £20 discount until November. Any new deal advised to me more expensive. So false advertising regarding exclusive deal. Think I may move provider or  scale back to broadband only even reducing from 500mb to 125 or 250. Plenty offers out there for Now TV which I had in the past and we have Netflix/ Amazon. Over to you Virgin if you want to retain the business.

Hey DavieGrant, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Our packages and prices are like the stock market they do change regularly. 

I would look at some deals here to see what we currently have. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

This link like many others I have received are all broken links. Don’t know what’s going on with Virgin but nobody can put these faults right or take ownership. 

This is the message I constantly get

Oops!

Looks like something's gone wrong. We couldn't find the page you're looking for.

Hi DavieGrant

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

We're aware of a small group of customers who've received these emails when their contract is not yet due to end.

We've also reported back the issue with the links not working.

We're very sorry for any concern or inconvenience this email may have caused. 

Please ignore the mail. You'll get a contract reminder email nearer the time your contact is due to end and the team will be happy to look at what new deals and offers we have available at that time. 

If you have any further questions, please pop back to us here and we'd be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When I previously contacted Virgin Media I was advised I was out of contract and when I log in it also states out of contract!!!

Sorry for the confusion DavieGrant, in your original post you advised you were in contract until November 2024? Do you still have the last contract sent as this will advise of the end date of the term.