cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VM and O2 ignoring identity fraud

Johstuff123
On our wavelength

My thoughts are this

VM treat their customers like **bleep**. There are lots of us with very similar problems going round and round with no one and I include the communications ombudsman giving a dam. 

I got an “upgrade” and they moved my unused and supposed free sim to O2 without notifying me and the first I knew of it was when my credit file showed a missed payment. O2 never billed me or tried to take a payment and I couldnt have made a payment if i wanted to as i couldnt get through security as I didnt have account details. I eventually got a person in the legacy team who confirmed what had happened and that I’d been lost in the transfer and they’d cancel the account and write to the credit agency to correct my file. They must have cancelled the acount but did not deal with my credit file as I now dont show up in their system at all but still have the default. So after months of going round in circles with both companies i have 5 missed payments and a default on my file. In the last couple of days of coming on here I have now been told that its all my fault for not using the sim and therefore I missed their notifications and it’s all in the contract small print. I await a copy of the contract to see for myself.

From what I’ve read on here and online this is a case of mis selling. Then divide and and conquer and ignore and lie until they they **bleep** you off enough that you just go away.

Time to stand up to these disgusting tactics

1 REPLY 1

Johstuff123
On our wavelength

So after the coms ombudsman saying no case to answer, the forum team on here telling me this is all my fault and they will not ask O2 to remove the missed payment default. After the months of soul destroying Groundhog Day conversations with Bots, useless **bleep** and it has to be said some thoroughly decent people that just had no way (VM and O2’s [REMOVED] systems) of dealing with the situation that VM/O2 had put me in today i received a credit file update to say that my score has jumped up nearly back to where it was. On checking why i found that the missed payments have miraculously disappeared. No explanation as to why from anyone.

I’m obviously happy with the positive change but I want compensation for the massive inconvenience caused. I also want to cancel my contract as I have no interest in dealing with VM anymore.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]