cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise

MartJ
Rising star

I have received a letter this morning indicate my bill will rise by an extortionate 8.8%, yet nowhere in that letter does it inform me of the new amount just gives an example.

Under the Direct Debit Guarantee you are required to give me at least 10 days notice of variance to a direct debit quoting the new amount. Will I be getting a second letter with the amount on as the one received this morning does not meet the requirements of the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Martin
4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Martj

Whilst we recognise price changes are never welcome, we always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services for our customers.

We're seeing growing demand for data, with usage up by 13% last year. We invest more than £5m every day in our networks and services to bring you faster, more reliable services. Please see more details ▶️ virginmedia.com/help/prices 

Rob

That template response doesn't really address the problem. 

Martin, putting the DD Guarantee to one side (and I do agree with you), my online account does now clearly set out my new higher amount and effective date. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

That does not answer my question as to when will I get official notification of the price rise as required under the Direct Debit Guarantee?

Martin

@MartJ wrote:

That does not answer my question as to when will I get official notification of the price rise as required under the Direct Debit Guarantee?

I'm also supposed to have 30 days notice of price increase amount, but yet again my increase letter was GENERIC information without my actual increase in monetary terms and circa 4 days short of that. Suck it up or leave for elsewhere. You'll go mad waiting for a credible answer or goodwill gesture for a mistake. Not the forum staff fault as they do what they can, but they have to operate within the machine's ruleset...