cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases crazy

Mash691
On our wavelength

Hello,my contract ends on the 26/03/24. I was paying £42.50 but was informed that when my contract ends it will increase to £111.00. I rang the call centre and they assured me they could help me. After a lot of questions and answers he came back with a renewal price of £142.00. Needless to say I had to turn that down and asked him to cancel my contract. I have been with Virgin for 25 years now and although I would like to stay I just can’t afford to. I have spoken to Sky and they have offered me a good package. He offered to let me think it over and is calling me back Saturday morning. I have no option but to accept I have to leave Virgin. What is really annoying is that I found an offer from Virgin in my junk mail offering me to keep my current package at the same price. The email was from January an has expired now. 

11 REPLIES 11

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mash691 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are unhappy with a deal offered by our team. We truly value our long-standing customers and we want to best help. Our team would aim to provide the best package deals available. Have you tried some of our great existing customer deals here? Our best existing Virgin Media customer deals and offers | Virgin Media 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mash691
On our wavelength

Hello, I have tried that link but it takes me to a page where it say oops, something went wrong. It is a shame that after 25 years from tomorrow morning I will be a sky customer. I have loved being with Virgin the service they have supplied me has been outstanding but I can’t afford to me a customer any more.

How strange @Mash691 We would hate to see you go. Are you unable to log in and see upgrade offers in your online account? Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mash691
On our wavelength

Unfortunately when ever I go to that link I get the oops message. I have tried in the past and it has never worked. Thank you for trying for but my only option is signing up with sky tomorrow morning.

I love it when companies say "We would hate to see you go" - what they really mean is "We would hate to see your money go"... 🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mash691 wrote:

Hello,my contract ends on the 26/03/24. I was paying £42.50 but was informed that when my contract ends it will increase to £111.00.

It's not going to help your situation directly, but just to clarify.. You had a rolling contract at £111 which could run for as long as you want it to - with a minimum term coinciding with time-limited discounts which both expire on 26/03

At that point your discounts of £68.50/month expire, thus you start paying full-price £111/month. So if you didn't want to change package to a £142/month deal, you could stay on £111/month for as long as you wanted to - if that suited.

That you have an alternative offer that suits you better, is a good scenario for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mash691
On our wavelength

To go from £42.50 and be told your next bill is £111.00 is worrying enough but when a Virgin agent can only get you a deal that is £31 more expensive than the £111.00 offer something is very wrong. As I say the only issue I have with Virgin is when the contract is up. Apart from that the broadband and tv service is great. Time for pastures new I think.

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Mash691  As  mentioned by @japitts your base package was £111.00 and had certain discounts on the account to bring the cost down to the agreed price. Now at the end of your contract, these discounts have expired. The team would aim to provide the cheapest package possible with all the requirements you want. To look into any alternative deals, please call our team on 0345 454 1111. They can do their best to assist 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mash691
On our wavelength

Hello, I have tried that twice once as I say was when I was offered the same package for £142 rather than £111. As I say I was very happy with Virgin but your loyalty to existing customers is terrible. I was told last time that my contract was up that apart from the annual increase my package price would remain the same but 18 months on that has been forgotten. I think I will do better to become a new sky customer and maybe return to Virgin in a couple of years if I have similar problems with them.