cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase even as New Customer Feb 2024

Paulus64
Joining in

I was cold-called by Virgin on the 2nd February and agreed to take out a new contract with better broadband.  On the call I was promised a free Tivo upgrade as part of this which I am still waiting for.

During the call, I asked the salesperson a number of times  if the new contract would be subject to the 2024 annual price rise and was told NO. This was supported by your website  which indicates new customers are exempt until 2025: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/prices.  I have now received notification form Virgin about the 2024 annual price rise and found my new contract is subject to a rise in 2024, a month after I took it out. 

Another post on this site from Virgin Media staff says “All new customers sold to on or before Wednesday 7th February 2024 will be subject to a price change in 2024.”  This is confirmed in my contract. So my bad for trusting a member of Virgin media staff.

It is the principle of the issue more than the cost. So I will have to grin and bear it.

So the only conclusion I can draw  is that the salesperson on the 2nd February misled me

Feeling very let down as a customer of 30 years at the moment

Still my Tivo upgrade may arrive tomorrow and the world will seem a better place.

Does anyone know if Virgin keep recordings of their sales calls and has had success by asking Virgin to listen to the promises made by their sales team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@Paulus64 wrote:

Still my Tivo upgrade may arrive tomorrow and the world will seem a better place.

Are you "upgrading" from an old TiVo box or TiVo V6 to 360, if it's V6 to 360 you will just receive remotes for your box or boxes if you have 2 and then a software update to the box or boxes. This will then reformat the hard drive and you will lose any recordings and series link's so make sure you watch anything you haven't watched because the update will update automatically after about 5 days.

You will also lose some of the features of the TiVo software because they are patented, it depends on what you used but some users don't like it, it's a bit like Marmite.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

roy247
Community elder

@Paulus64 wrote:

Are you "upgrading" from an old TiVo box or TiVo V6 to 360, if it's V6 to 360 you will just receive remotes for your box or boxes if you have 2 and then a software update to the box or boxes. This will then reformat the hard drive and you will lose any recordings and series link's so make sure you watch anything you haven't watched because the update will update automatically after about 5 days.

You will also lose some of the features of the TiVo software because they are patented, it depends on what you used but some users don't like it, it's a bit like Marmite.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulus64 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you have been facing with your package. So that we can assist you further we would need to bring you into a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina