cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Downgrade Impossible

Niki66
Joining in

My current package is increasing from next month.  However,  I'm told i can not downgrade  nor can I cancel without paying £600+ because my current package doesn't end till 2025. There is nothing anyone can do and I would be told the same by a manager. Basically they have me over a barrel.  Pay the increase or pay £600+

I was told when I took out the package i would've been made aware  there would be a price increase, (i can't remember).  However,  circumstances change and VM have proved no help whatsoever. 

As a loyal customer of many years,  I'm disgusted. I will leave as soon as I can.

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Niki66,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

You would be able to upgrade or downgrade at any time within your contract period, if however you were wanting to cancel one or more of the services completely there would be an early disconnection charge.

Package changes aren't something we do from here, but you can speak to the team on 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (option for media, option 4) to discuss the best options.

Alex_Rm

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This sounds like you have time-limited discounts that expire within your minimum term rather than at the end of it. Check your downloadable contract and monthly bills, they will show all your discounts and their expiry date.

Your contract is made available to you after you agree a new package, and you have 14days statutory cancellation period before being bound by it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks