cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online broadband upgrade offer rescinded

scottygees
Tuning in

I upgraded my broadband from 350 mg to 1gb yesterday. The price was very similar to what I was paying already I.e £42. I got all the confirmation through etc confirming everything and then today I get an email asking me to call the sales team as they needed some information from me. Upon calling they said I had been misquoted and that the price was actually more. Whilst on the phone I actually tried to upgrade again and was quoted exactly the same price as yesterday. Felt like I was being called a liar. Not sure the girl I spoke to actually understood what I was saying and she put the phone down on me after I asked to speak to a supervisor. My contract ends in October and was hoping to get a decent deal before it ends but if this is how I am treated I am sure there will be other companies out there I can use. It will be a shame as I have used virgin broadband for 20+ years. Don’t advertise my upgrade offers and then try and charge me more for services than quoted.

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @scottygees 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I can see my colleague Kath has responded to you on your other thread to offer further support via PM.

Please do reply there at your earliest convenience. 

All the best 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs