cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Chat not working?

weesteev
Dialled in

I have been trying to use the online chat feature today and it will not open on various browsers (Chrome, Edge and Firefox) on either Windows PC or Android phone. Is there a problem with the service today?

Even though I work for Liberty Global, all comments are my own and not an expression of the company.
12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @weesteev 

Which online chat did you try?

I've just tried the one on the https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving page which is working.

Also the one in /my-virgin-media/ opens when clicking on the regrade section.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

weesteev
Dialled in

Both options through MYVM and the help section not working here.

Even though I work for Liberty Global, all comments are my own and not an expression of the company.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @weesteev 

Sorry to see neither are working for you. I've just tried again and both links were working for me using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Brave browsers on my PC.

Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies, or using an incognito window?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @weesteev,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you were having this issue, if you would like to explain what your issue is I would be happy to look into this for you.

Cheers. Joe 

weesteev
Dialled in

I had a brain wave that my Adguard server may be blocking access but ive checked the logs and theres nothign there. I have deactivated it in the meantime and gone back to the Google DNS and its made no difference. Have also cleared cache and tried incognito, nothing. The button is there but when you click it nothing happens. As well as Windows, its also happening on my MacBook Pro with Chrome. To rule out my home connection, Ive tried it on my O2 mobile connection as well and its the same result on the mobile network. Im at a loss now. I just wanted to change my tV package and order a new TV remote, had to phone in last night and got it sorted, but it would have been nice to do it via the webchat instead of waiting on the phone.

Hello weesteev.

Thanks for the explanation.

We will make sure this gets fed back to the correct department.

Glad to hear you have managed to get the upgrade resolved.

Can you please let us know if you do have any more issues.

Gareth_L

grantandersonuk
On our wavelength

I am having the same problem. when I open Virgin media Chat Live on Edge or Google I find I cannot type in the box in reply to the questions asked! 

Hi @grantandersonuk 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue with online chat.

Have you tried an alternative device? May I ask what it was you were contacting our team around also?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It was to cancel my Disney+ subscription but I gave up and phoned the help desk who sorted it for me.