cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ombudsman ADR Timescales

derek_mca1
Joining in

I've been a customer with VM for years and never had an issue, however as my current contact came to its end I followed the VM emails to select a new package.

On the 13th February I was offered an amazing deal and accepted the offer to stay with VM for another 18months, I immediately received an email confirmation from VM saying the new package would commence on the 16th Feb.. however on the 22nd February I received an invoice for an amount larger than my old package and far larger than my new package , so I contacted VM.. after being given the runaround for hours I eventually was informed that as the package was 'online' it would not show on my account for another two weeks but I would receive my new contract  within the 2 weeks and the invoice would be sorted. I took screen shots of the chat and left it at that.  However in March I received an even higher invoice, almost 4x larger than the new contract, I contacted VM who now refuse to give me the package which was offered even though I have a confirmation email with a start date together with screenshots of a VM customer services staff saying I will receive my new contract for the new package within 2 weeks.. 

I have since been on VM chats, calls and so on for over 21hrs but they simply refuse to honour the deal that they offered and I accepted. I'm struggling getting VM to say the words deadlocked but have said that it's not possible to match the online deal to settle the complaint... I had asked the VM staff member to escalate the complaint on the 22nd Feb which I have screenshots of, but unfortunately she never even opened a complaint never mind escalating it..

Looking for advice on whether the Ombudsman would take the complaint date from when I asked VM to escalate the complaint or whether I'd need to take the date in March when VM actually bothered to list my complaint as a complaint.

I understand that I need to wait 8 weeks from the complaint date, but would that be from when I asked it to be escalated or when VM eventually logged the complaint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @derek_mca1 👋 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you've not had the experience we'd expect when this new package was supposed to be set up. It's certainly not what we'd expect 😔

I'll be happy to have a look at this for you to see what's been happening. I'll pop you a PM to confirm some details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @derek_mca1 👋 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you've not had the experience we'd expect when this new package was supposed to be set up. It's certainly not what we'd expect 😔

I'll be happy to have a look at this for you to see what's been happening. I'll pop you a PM to confirm some details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

derek_mca1
Joining in

Anyone know if this screenshot would be accepted as a technically deadlock notice by the ombudsman ?Screenshot_20240403_102508_WhatsApp.jpg