cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAP rip off

jrm01
On our wavelength

My elderly parents in law just been told current package @ £39pm coming to an end and it’s now going up to at least £74 (or £87 on the back of the letter).

tried calling but best they could give me was £64pm.  

what a rip off especially as they don’t even use the broadband and have a limited tv package

Another unhappy customer 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked if they are eligible for the social tariff broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jrm01,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issue faced by your parents, with this we want to help as best as we can, with this we are not able to help directly to do the package change with yourself as you are not the account holder, but we would be more than happy to advise the best options and steps forward for you, for us to do this, I will be sending you a private message.

Joe

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jrm01 wrote:

My elderly parents in law just been told current package @ £39pm coming to an end and it’s now going up to at least £74 (or £87 on the back of the letter).

tried calling but best they could give me was £64pm.  

what a rip off especially as they don’t even use the broadband and have a limited tv package

Another unhappy customer 

If they have just come to the end of their original joining contract this is no surprise. Initial contracts are sold at a loss to Virgin in order to pull in new custom. It is unlikely you will get anything like it going forward.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks