cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not my Netflix account and it’s in Spanish

Rachells9
Joining in

After months of debate and complaints to Virgin I finally got my Netflix subscription charges back for a service I had cancelled previously, however I rejoined Netflix tonight independently, when to set up on my TV (worked fine on my phone) and it shows a Spanish account , all profiles locked and definitely not mine ? I’ve tried signing out on the settings page of my TiVo box , but I still get the same Spanish account? 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rachells9 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with Netflix since independently signing up to the service and trying to log in on your TV box. 

If we can just check a couple of things;

1) Have you tried rebooting the box (turning it off at the plug) and back on again? Just to see if the issue persists or corrects itself?

2) When checking the log in credentials on the box are you using the same ones as you have signed up with independently?

We will need to send you a PM to check a few account details and ensure everything is set up correctly on the account / that the service is not active with us. I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Rachells9
Joining in

Has anyone had any luck solving this issue ? I’ve tried rebooting the box an number of times , tried signing out of the account via settings on the TiVo box , but as soon as I go onto the Netflix app, it still shows an unknown account with a number of locked profiles and in Spanish !! 

Hi All 👋 Just returning to this public thread to keep things updated. 

Thanks to Rachells9 for PMing with me, so we could get some additional information and offer help with this. 

I was pleased to hear they were able to log out of the incorrect showing account on the TV box and login with the correct credentials. Hopefully there will be no further issues moving forward 🤞

If there are - please do pop back here to let us know and we will happily pick things up where they left off. You can even drop me another DM directly if the issue returns in the next month. If it's longer than that, just return to this thread and whichever member of staff picks things up first will continue to help. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we gathered extra information for insight and support. We appreciate you have not had the best experience with Netflix, and sincerely hope this is not the case moving forwards! 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly