cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need new account password changed

CantStandVM
On our wavelength

Hi,

In a period of total lunacy, I signed up for a new Virginmedia broadband service, after doing so, I thought I'd get ahead of the game by registering for 'My Virginmedia'. Unfortunately during the process, I wrote down my password incorrectly and am unable to access. I tried to reset my password online, but I get a message telling me that

'You can't reset your password online right now, as you don't have additional details set up on your account. To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.'

I clicked the provided link and chose the 'live chat' option and eventually got put through to some clueless idiot who told me just to reset the password online. I told him that I couldn't and explained the situation to which he replied it's because I haven't registered for My Virginmedia. I told him I had, then posted a screenshot proving this, to which he told me to use those details to reset the password online. I posted a screenshot of the error message to which he said I need to set an account up first.

I asked to be connected to somebody competent, but he refused so I ended the chat.

I called and eventually got through to somebody, who on the face of it appeared credible, he asked me what my new password should be, to which I told him, I spelled it out phonetically, he repeated it and told me the password was changed. I asked him to remain on the phone while I checked and he responded that he would, but password changes could take up to an hour to propagate. I did check the password and as I was beginning to suspect would be the case, it didn't work. He assured me that when I tried in an hour it would be fine.

Here we are a day later and I still can't log in. I've tried calling 3 times, went through the process of being on hold for an eternity each time and just when it connects to a person, I get cut off.

Can any of the forum staff advise how to go about the simple task of getting a password changed?

For the record, the screen below is what I get when I try to do this online

CantStandVM_0-1710757250078.png

The screenshot below shows the screen I sent to the idiot on live chat who told me I didn't have an account

CantStandVM_1-1710757487646.png

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had issues getting your online account registered.  Based on the screenshot you've provided, if you've previously been an account holder with us and you're attempting to use an email address that's previously been used with a former it account, it's highly likely that our website/system is recognising this.  To help you resolve this, I would like to take closer look on your behalf. I am therefore going to send you a private message.  Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R