cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - 18 month contract restarted?

RodrigoBT
Joining in

Hello,

I have moved home to a new address and took my Virgin Media M125 fibre package broadband with me (February 2023) in which Virgin has "created" a new contract. This has caused it to "restart" the 18 month contract (saying it ends in August 2024) that I had with the package even though it should have already ended on the original contract that I have with the original address (that ends in October 2023).

Have this happened to someone else and if anyone from Virgin staff can clarify on this for me, as the contract shouldn't have been restarted as I only had an address move.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RodrigoBT thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RodrigoBT thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your contract.  And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would like to take a look on your behalf.  As providing there were no changes to your package (discounts etc) your contract length should not have changed/restarted. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RodrigoBT thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

RodrigoBT
Joining in

Thanks for getting back to me Lee, and yes everything sorted.

WLai
Joining in

Hi, 

I have exactly the same issue, and I raised this issue since last October in the live chat/WhatsApp chat, and I was told a surpression form was submitted, but till now, it's 6 months, my contract still wrong and not updated, I have contacted the customer service again recently, in last week, I got the email said the form will be processed with in 72 hours, but now is even more than 100 hours, still no update. Today is the 5th time I contact the support in WhatsApp, they just said they will re-file the form again, which is the 4th form already, but the contract never updated......Really want someone can provide real help and not just said a form was submitted, please I need someone can help to process the form... thanks

BR//WL

Hi WLai, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some issues since moving address. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Alex9006
Joining in

I'm in the same situation. I changed address and kept same service. The contract was extended without my consent. Can someone help please?

Hi Alex9006,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

Sorry there's been some confusion with your contract, so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm