cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing order

steveandpaula5
Joining in

I have recently decided to take up  Black Friday offer from my account on line to upgrade and add the Mega TV to my existing broadband and phone contract that was coming to an end, the cost was £56.37

i received a contract summary and another email with my order reference, I waited a few days as I had not been given a date for the delivery of the equipment and decided to call to find out what’s happening as my account online did not show any open orders, but was still offering the chance to upgrade ?
After a long wait I finally got through, to be told there was no order and to be offered a deal for £66 after a long frustrating conversation, I was put through to someone else, to confirm there was no order, but was eventually told web orders take up to 14 days, if I ordered online via my account, I asked why was it not showing, to be told they can’t see web orders (after a being on the phone for an hour and a half in total I decided to give up !

This is so frustrating, where no one can recognise my order, I have no one else to contact,and no idea if there is a real order, the strange thing is I can now go back on line and order the same package for £64, still more expensive but cheaper than the offer over the phone.

Im now thinking this is a scam to get you to call and be offered the same at a higher price….dont think they have a clue, has this happened to anyone else ?

Is there another way to find out more ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Boyan1985
On our wavelength

Same thing happened to me last Saturday, I raised the issue in a separate thread. Black Friday deal not showing but received email confirmation with reference number. Webchat person confirmed they can see the order but I’m not really sure he was telling the truth because when I spoke to someone on WhatsApp they said they couldn’t see it also I’ve been lied before by Virgin customer care. One thing is I got all the screenshots, WhatsApp messages of the conversations so if now they try to say they can’t find the order I’ll show them a screenshot of webchat saying the opposite. At the end of the day I was willing to spend more money on something I probably don’t even need but what’s the point of offering a deal you can’t honour. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Boyan1985
On our wavelength

Same thing happened to me last Saturday, I raised the issue in a separate thread. Black Friday deal not showing but received email confirmation with reference number. Webchat person confirmed they can see the order but I’m not really sure he was telling the truth because when I spoke to someone on WhatsApp they said they couldn’t see it also I’ve been lied before by Virgin customer care. One thing is I got all the screenshots, WhatsApp messages of the conversations so if now they try to say they can’t find the order I’ll show them a screenshot of webchat saying the opposite. At the end of the day I was willing to spend more money on something I probably don’t even need but what’s the point of offering a deal you can’t honour. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @steveandpaula5 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you so much again for your post. 

I would be happy to look into this order with you a bit closer via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

I have the same problem. I upgraded my package from 250 to 350 and added a landline package on 23rd November and received an email with my new contract details. Since then nothing. Still on 250, haven’t had my adaptors delivered. Could you take a look please?

Hi there @martyb1864 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. Can I just clarify was this also a black Friday deal? 

I’m not sure, I placed the order by phone on 26/11 and received an email with my new contract. I’ve received a parcel with a landline adapter, but my service is still 250 and my Volt isn’t active. I upgraded because my wifi signal isn’t great and I need some wifi pods and upgrading to 350 was the only way to get them for free.

Thank you @martyb1864 if this was a Volt deal you would need to activate Volt via your My O2 account first, after which it can take up to 14 days to activate on our side. 

Have you done this at all?

guenhwyvar
Joining in

I am having precisely the same issue with an order from Valentines Day this year. Virgin are such scam artists! I have spoken to more than 10 different people over more than a week each saying the deal will be honoured but that they are not the right department to deal with this, I have been assured I will receive a manager call back and had absolutely nothing through, and it's still not resolved!

Good Morning @guenhwyvar. thanks for reaching out to us and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the recent missing order on your Virgin Media subscription.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn