cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Virgin Contract and customer services now unable to help resolve.

umbr3lla
Joining in

Hi.  On Tuesday 26th December, I signed up to Virgin Media for TV and Broadband by a Virgin Media door salesman named Yasser Shabbir. The deal I asked for was to have the 190+ channel package with Asian Mela and Netflix included and 350MB Broadband (to be upgraded to 500 MB via Volt). I was offered all this for £49.99 a month on an 18-month contract which I was quite happy with, so I agreed to go ahead.

Once I signed up, I never received any email confirmations of my order but I did receive a text message with a link to review my contract documentation which I downloaded and noticed the email the salesman put down was incorrect, hence why I didn’t receive any email confirmations. I contacted customer services and had the email updated and emails started to come through.

Moving on everything looked ok but I noticed the TV package was Mixit TV which is the basic TV circ to 100 channels. I asked to be on the 190 channels which should have been Maxit TV. I called the Virgin door salesman back explaining there was a mistake on the package that he had subscribed me to and if he could resolve it. He fobbed me off saying if I speak to the Virgin Engineer on the day of installation they should be able to go get that resolved or call customer services.

On Saturday 30th December I had all my kit installed by the Virgin Engineer which was a very pleasant experience. The Virgin Engineer was excellent. I explained the issue to him and he explained that he has no authorisation on subscriptions and is only able to install services which have been subscribed on my account. He suggested calling customer services right away to get it resolved as he has no access to any backend customer portals which was fair enough.

I called customer services and must have spoken to 3 different people all of whom were unable to resolve who were at the point this is what you have subscribed to and nothing can be changed. Furthermore, there is a new contract document on my Virgin Media account which no longer lists Netflix as part of my subscription. My original contract documentation lists Netflix being part of the subscription. Again I called customer services and questioned why has it been removed and all I got told was that it’s not shown on my contract on their end but it is listed on the copy I have.

I contacted the salesman again who I took the package out to see if he could resolve and I just received a text saying he is no longer able to amend the contract I have due to data protection and only customer services can. So basically I’ve been mis-sold a contract by a Virgin Salesman and once mis-sold they are unable to help resolve.

The last step was to try using WhatsApp support as I wanted a paper trail of the conversations I was having. The person who I got through seemed to be good and replied saying they have added Netflix to my account and I should get an email within 12 hours to confirm. As well as this I was having issues having my Volt subscription added via O2 app and the person manually activated for me confirming this in the reply back on chat.

Today, I have looked at my account and I can’t see Netflix or VOLT addon being added to my account. It seems like nothing has been done here.

I have all screenshots as proof if required. The only option I have is if I should cancel my direct debit and put a full cancellation request in as I am still within the 14-day period. 

Is there any chance this can get resolved within the 14-day cooling-off period before I move to another provider?  Ideally, I would not like to do this as would just like to get what I originally signed up for.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to sort this out 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey umbr3lla, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

With the paperwork you got from the order does it state you would be getting all the extras such as extra channels etc?

With the volt benefits these need to be activated by you and can be done here 

Please do let us know anyway.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

The paperwork I got from the order states I would be getting Netflix.  However now when I download the contract from my account it is no longer listed.

The extra channels were discussed with the salesman at the time via text message but he put me on a different package once I got my contract.  That's when I noticed it wasn't right and when tried contacting customer services nobody could help.  I have proof of conversations.

Are you able to help me fix this, please?

We can only go off what is stated on the paerwork you was given, if it was changed and Netflix is no longer on this we wouldn't be able to offer this.

I can take a look at our side to see what is happening I will send you a PM now. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

I have replied back to your PM and provided screenshots of my contract and some conversations I have had already with customer services via Whatsapp and the direct salesman.

For info - netflix is clearly stated on my paperwork.

Thank you

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to sort this out 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Alby41
Up to speed

I never knew VM used door selling to promote their business , unusually outside of VM shops.. one can see them often on stands in retail precinct foyers and the like... as others.. energy companies , sky etc .. nice to know  these slippery eels are about .. and thx for letting us all know .. downright falsehood telling the customer that the engineer could sort the channels .. what !!!!!!

They often use door salesman around newly developed areas pushing to sell.  It was disappointing but I've learnt from this to never to take any offer from a door salesman.  They would make anything up just to get the sale to gain their commission.

Hi Umbr3lla 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum thread 😊.

Sorry to see you feel this way about our door salesman ☹.

I can see we have chatted via PM (private message)  are you now happy with the resolution we provided or do you need any further help? 

Let us know.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, I am happy with the resolution and no longer require any further help.

Thank you for asking 🙂